- Oral Presenters are requested to prepare a 10 minutes PowerPoint presentation.
- Presentations should be prepared in the widescreen format with a ratio of 16:9.
- Please ensure that your presentation is saved using the following naming convention: Paper Code_Presenter’s Name e.g. SNR001_Aditya Rahman
Before the conference starts
- Please upload your presentation file (in ppt, pptx, or pdf format) following the instructions above before July 21st, 2022.
- Find your session in the schedule.
- Make sure to install Zoom on your computer
- A microphone is recommended as well as a quiet place cut off from ambient noise for better interactions. Moreover, a USB connected headset will offer a better sound quality.
Before the session starts
- Please make sure to join the breakout room 10 minutes prior to the start.
- When entering the session, make sure to identify yourself with your Paper Code_Presenter’s Name to help the technical staff and session chair finding you easily.
- How to change your name in zoom meetings:
- Click on the “Participants”button at the top of the Zoom window
- Next, hover your mouse over your name in the “Participants” list on the right side of the Zoom window. Click on “Rename”.
- Enter the name using Paper Code_Presenter’s Name in the Zoom meeting and click on “OK”.
- The technical staff will then promote you as presenter when required.
- As a presenter, please note that you will be live as soon as you open your microphone and/or your camera after being promoted as such by the moderator. Registered attendees will be able to hear you automatically.
During the session
- Presentation files will be managed by the presenters (or technical staff if there is any problem) according to the established schedule.
- Presenters have 15 minutes in total, and they should plan to speak for about 10 min, leaving 5 min. for questions.
- Technical staff will warn the presenter 7 minutes after the speaking time and at the end of speaking time
- Registered attendees will use the Raise your handtool for asking the questions.
- The session chair will choose the attendees to ask the questions
- The Chattool will used by session chair and technical staff to privately contact the presenters if needed. If you need technical assistance, you will be able to inform the moderator using this tool.
- Tips: Test your audio and video as you join; Mute your microphone when not speaking; Position your webcam at eye level and make contact as much as possible.
Conference Background for Zoom
Virtual background is at your disposal to hide or standardize your backstage during your presentation, ou can download it below . This feature works best with a green screen and uniform lighting, to allow Zoom to detect the difference between you and your background.
We recommend that you do a test beforehand to see which background works better for you, depending on your environment.
Zoom Tutorial: Changing your Virtual background (ENG)
Disaster Risk Mitigation and Adaptation
Environmental Management and Policy
Sustainable Natural Resources